Georgia-Pacific Containerboard in Toledo, OR facility is a containerboard mill that was built in 1957 as the company’s first pulp and paper mill. The facility has approximately 400 employees and manufactures both linerboard and corrugated medium on three paper machines, using both virgin and recycled fiber. The mill and its employees are committed to sustainability for the benefit of the environment, society and our business. To learn more about our Packaging Division, visit www.gppackaging.com.
Our Georgia-Pacific location in Toledo, OR is looking for our next E&I Journeyman team member. An Oregon Limited Journeyman Manufacturing Plant License is required for this role. Journeyman E&I wages for this role are $38.76 an hour with a generous benefits package. Benefits include competitive medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, a Monday through Friday schedule with overtime opportunities, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities, and no travel required.
***Please note this role is eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus***
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, installing, repairing and maintaining facility electrical distribution and manufacturing process equipment
- Monitoring and providing feedback on equipment conditions and potential failure risks
- Troubleshooting AC/DC drives
- Making modifications to existing conduit and wiring
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- An Oregon Limited Journeyman Manufacturing Plant (PJ) license *Due to Reciprocity, licensing also includes: Arkansas, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming*
- Two (2) years or more of electrical or instrumentation experience in an industrial or military environment
- Willing and able to work an eight (8) or twelve (12) hour shift, holidays, weekends, overtime and on call hours as needed
- Willing and able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Knowledge of NEC (National Electric Code)
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, to write business correspondence, Excel, for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas, and Outlook, for internal and external correspondence
- Experience with PLC’s (Programmable Logic Control) and ABB or Allen Bradley drives
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Experience with AC and DC motors, drives and medium voltage switchgears
- Experience reading single line schematics
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, and maintaining electrical/mechanical equipment and air conditioning systems
- Experience with calibration, loop checking and maintenance/repair of instrument and pneumatic equipment
- High School Diploma or GED
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf