Georgia-Pacific is hiring a Forklift Operator for our Rocky Creek Lumber mill in Monroeville, AL. This role supports the sustainability efforts of the mill by facilitating the movement of green and dry lumber through the facility. If you are a safety-oriented person with a commitment to attendance excellence, we look forward to hearing from you! To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Safely operate a sit-down forklift to facilitate the movement of green and dry lumber through the facility.
- Work collaboratively with other team members.
- Performing general housekeeping duties to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards, and maintain the appearance of the plant.
- All interested applicants must demonstrate a pattern of safe behavior, good attendance, initiative, effective communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- At least six (6) months of experience operating mobile equipment in an industrial or construction environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Basic mechanical skills to recognize needed mobile equipment maintenance
- Willing and able to climb stairs, ladders, or work in high places
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work any shift including weekends, and holidays
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours per day
- Previous Forklift Experience
- Basic computer skills for data entry
The Experience You Will Bring
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf