Senior Category Manager Capital & Tooling
The Senior Category Manager will be responsible for a $200M annual spend of Capital Equipment and Tooling, specifically: Injection Mold, Plating & Painting, Controls Systems, primary and secondary tooling, material handling equipment and will be a significant contributor to our Factory of the Future Initiatives.
This Manager is part of the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (SS&P) capability and will lead a global team and collaborate with all constituents to identify, prioritize and support business, sourcing and procurement needs, including value creation strategies, strategic sourcing, supply market trends, internal usage/demand data collection, new product introduction support and global sourcing considerations.
What you will do in your role.
- Develops and implements category strategies and goals for the assigned categories to achieve department and business goals.
- Directs the full range of sourcing and contracting activities for the department.
- Serves as the principal category expert to the internal business stakeholders.
- Manages various sourcing and contracting projects with Category Managers and Specialists and provides leadership and guidance and solutions to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Plans and develops professional development and training strategies for procurement staff.
- Participates in the development of the department’s annual plan related to Capital projects.
- Regularly meets with customers to obtain and review acquisition plans, improved level of communication, and customer service.
- Provides daily planning and administration in the selection, assignment, supervision, promotion, discipline, and training of personnel within the Department.
- Responsible for reports that go to the senior leadership team, as well as monthly reports on project status.
- Serves as the day-to-day coordinator between divisions and may act as the Director in his/her absence.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the immediate supervisor.
The experience you will bring.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Strong expert experiences in RFX process, proposal evaluation, deal negotiation, and contract negotiation.
- Proven success in handling multiple complex sourcing projects and achieving consistent cost savings.
- Strong project management experience and ability to project manage multiple complex projects.
- Strong Experience in Capital Programs, Engineering, Construction or Design-Build.
- Proven leadership experience and ability to present and interact with executive levels.
- General understanding of the financial aspects of capital expenditures, ROI, NPV, cash flow, total cost of ownership, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, (Masters Preferred) in a Business, Technical, or related field from an accredited college or university and seven (7) years of progressive experience in category management and strategic sourcing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf