Planer/Canter Line Operator
Georgia-Pacific has a new state-of-the art lumber mill in Talladega, Alabama. This facility receives about 150 log trucks a day and produces approximately 300 million board-feet of lumber a year. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically-advanced plant.
Are you an enthusiastic team player with lumber manufacturing or industrial experience? If so, Georgia-Pacific is seeking Planer Setter/Canter Line Operators. These highly-skilled, advanced operators create value by maintaining high levels of productivity and quality. By ensuring quick attention to mechanical issues, identifying quality concerns, and understanding the production threshold of the equipment, the Planer Setter/Canter Line Operator will be key in the successful operation of the top assets of the mill. This position gives an entrepreneurial thinker the opportunity to identify ways to improve production quantity and quality.
Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific's Building Products Division please visit: www.buildgp.com/lumber
What you will do in your role.
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program.
- Daily set-up and operation of the Planer to include changing and jointing of knives, operation of computer driven production systems (HMI), detailed troubleshooting, equipment repair, and quality inspections to ensure performance and reliability.
- Performing preventative and corrective maintenance on machine.
- Applying problem solving methods to identify root causes and eliminate failures.
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste.
- Adhering to extremely high housekeeping standards, which allow machine to run smoothly, reduce personnel/equipment interaction & fires, maintain environmental controls, and improve the appearance of the facility.
- Offering competitive pay starting in the mid to high $20's per hour.
- Don't think this role quite fits your experience? Please inquire with our Corporate Recruiter Marecaus Favors at [email protected] Feel free to refer someone to him inquiring about career opportunities at this mill in Talladega, AL
The experience you will bring.
- At least three (3) years of experience in Planer Mill mechanical maintenance or in a planer/canter line operator role.
- Experience performing machine maintenance, equipment setups, and/or knife changes.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills (Typing, Using a mouse, Microsoft Office programs, etc.)
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment.
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as required.
- At least five (5) years of experience in Planer Mill mechanical maintenance or in a planer/canter line operator role.
- Experience using MP2 or other CMMS programs
- Experience in a lead role
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf