Global Category Manager Glass Batch (m/f/d)
The Senior Category Manager – Is a global position supporting Guardian Industries and will be a leader of the MBM Culture. This individual will champion and develop a strategic sourcing capability that leads to a competitive advantage in the supply of glass batch materials (Soda Ash, Sand, Dolomite, Limestone, Cullet, etc.). This person will have responsibility for managing ~$500 million in annual spend for 25 globally positioned manufacturing sites. This leader will embrace the role of supervisor and manage 5-6 direct reports and work through extended shared teams in Russia, Brazil and AMEIA. The collective batch team will create and implement category POVs, sourcing strategies, tactics and projects across the regions. The Sr. Category Manager would collaborate and work closely with other functions in the organization to implement Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) improvement opportunities within the categories. The goal and objective are to drive superior value and achieve a competitive advantage for Guardian Industries. This person will report into the Director of Sourcing – Direct Materials.
What you will do in your role
- Connect to the Company`s Vision and understand how SS&P and Sourcing/Category Management creates competitive advantage/superior value
- Continuously align with the Voice of the Customer (VOC) and build preferred partnerships with key constituents
- Build and lead cross functional teams (CFT) to efficiently and effectively support Sourcing/Category Management
- POV, BETS and Projects are continuously identified, prioritized and executed with speed, pace and urgency (Personal/process transformation)
- Information, Data and “best” Knowledge are relentlessly sought, captured, shared, challenged, documented and stored within SharePoint (Knowledge networks)
- Utilize Purchasing, Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, Strategic Category Management, Supplier Management to drive optimal value
- Benchmark within Guardian Industries, within the glass industry, across Koch Industries and across other external industries
- Establish Sr. level supplier relationships so that both companies are aligned and operating in a manner based upon mutual benefit
- Value chains are mapped, walked, understood and challenged (Continuous improvement and innovation)
- Tools, Templates, Models, Experiments, PowerPoint Slides, Spreadsheets, DMF-VS and other forms/formats are continuously developed and improved upon to better articulate key insights (Advancing the Sourcing capability)
- DMF-VS (business case for change) are developed, documented, socialized, challenged and refined so that optionality, risks, key drivers and best total cost of ownership (TCO) recommendations are clearly understood (Deep critical and economic thinking).
- Agreements are in place and continuously reviewed to ensure they align with ways of working/right expectations.
- Meaningful Metrics/KPIs are developed, updated and proactively shared/communicated
The experience you will bring
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in sourcing, sales, operations, purchasing or engineering.
- Minimum 5 years as supervisor, leadership role, leading teams and influencing decision making
- Experience in negotiations, contracting and/or contract execution
- Ability to work virtually but able to travel as required (up to 25%)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Depth of experience with manufacturing, maintenance or operations
- Specific knowledge around the glass making with clear understanding of batch materials
- Supply chain management and demonstrated application of critical and economic thinking (Total Cost of ownership)
- Advanced degree in Mining, Engineering, Operations, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain or Business Management