The DevOps Developer is responsible for ensuring our production systems meet our customers uptime and service needs, with software engineering tools and capabilities, not relentless toil. They are pragmatic, objective, and articulate, with strong communication and teamwork capabilities.
The DevOps team designs, deploys, and manages Private Cloud Infrastructure as well as our customer facing Cloud Platform (SaaS application infrastructure). We anticipate this role will ideally spend no more than 30 to 50% of their time on “ops” related work, and the rest of their time on software development to improve the scalability, reliability, and availability of cloud applications.
- Collaborate with software developers to build and release for our embedded software and web applications
- Coding, packaging, deploying and supporting builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments
- Identify areas of opportunity to programmatically automate cloud deployment, administration, and monitoring tasks
- Improve and automate our internal tools, our development environment, programming practices and libraries, and assist developers with build issues, including maintaining Makefiles, cmake lists, resolving compilation errors, unit test failures, and similar issues
- Improve development processes, programming practices
- Design and implement scalable, secure and efficient cloud, and on-premise platforms
- Monitor and troubleshoot system issues
- Applying analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions