Engineer, Manufacturing Integration
What You Will Do in Your Role
- Lead a focused team consisting of Product Development including Mechanical, Signal Integrity, Thermal, Electrical Magnetic Interference, System Engineers, all tooling Process/Project Engineers and plants to support product development process ensuring robust product design and manufacturability in low and high volumes.
- Develop and implement a cost effective manufacturing strategy for new products to meet customer’s production and delivery requirements. Perform preliminary GCA to optimize strategy.
- Work with Plant Manufacturing Integration Engineers, NPI / Ops and plant MEs as needed to debug new products and processes to validate and verify product performance and meet customer needs – delivery, quality and performance. Support plant MEs as needed in production capacity planning and continual process improvements.
- Identify and lead any prototype work required in early design stage to verify use of new technology or concepts in product or process design to reduce risk and improve profitability
- Develop manufacturing strategies for new products and drive the tooling development process to meet customer’s expectations of quality and optimal cost and lead-time. This involves working with product, marketing management, finance and senior management on analysis of multiple scenarios using GCA to arrive at optimal solution.
- Execute manufacturing strategies to support all phases of product development process (proof of concept and prototype thru high volume production). Work with Die, Mold, Plating, Assembly and Automation PE’s in selecting and managing internal and external suppliers to ensure successful project completion through concept, design, build, debug and qualification
- Working with respective tooling PEs to ensure successful transfer of all tooling processes and equipment to NPI and manufacturing plants. Work with NPI / plant MEs as needed to debug new products and processes to validate product performance and meet customer needs – delivery, quality and performance
- Support plant GLSS projects to improve cost and quality. Utilize concepts and methods to optimize manufacturing processes and daily activities
- Support production plant ME's in ramp up of new products as well as required capacity additions
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Level of decisions:Person in this position makes all technical and financial decision required for the following key activities:Work with product development teams (product engineering, marketing, molding, stamping, automation, quality and plants) to ensure new product designs are robust, manufacturable and meet customer needs.Develop and implement cost effective manufacturing strategy for new products to meet customers production and delivery requirements and Support plants in production capacity planning and continual process improvements.
- Level of guidance:This is very creative responsibility and highly technical in nature. It requires in depth knowledge of manufacturing processes like plating, stamping, molding and assembly.Person in this position independently works with all groups and makes required decisions.Occasionally may require technical guidance and support from supervisor.Critical decisions and results are reviewed with supervisor.Regular daily interaction or supervision required on the process steps for completing responsibilities.
- Numeric Metrics:This position has a key impact on new product revenue and capital spending. Decisions made by person in this position in directly affects $40 to $60M in revenue, 4-5 new products and 1-2 product lines on average per year.Person in this position is responsible for managing $500K to $1.5M in capital spending and $10-12K in traveling expenses per year.
- Breadth of the accountability: Person in this position:Develops and implements manufacturing strategy and assembly tooling for new products.Works with and impacts all US, Chengdu, Shanghai and Singapore plants.Has an impact on mold Die and Assembly tooling, product engineering, signal integrity, finance, product management, manufacturing operations, purchasing, and quality groups.
- Others:This job requires Creative, analytical, problem solving and managerial skills in setting manufacturing strategy for new products and executing them in a cost effective and timely manner. A key element is input on product design which has a large affect on overall manufacturing cost.
- Understanding of complex marketing forecasts and operations details and based on the analysis requires setting, planning and executing production capacity to meet customers’ demands.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5 years experience in mechanical engineering related to the manufacture and assembly of precision electromechanical components.
- Experience with high speed synchronous, asynchronous, flexible (robotics) assembly systems.
- GLSS green belt certification with successful project accomplishments- preferred
- Working knowledge of SPC and DOE
- Experience in tooling cost estimating, quote preparation and project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent, based on experience and training
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf