Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
The Georgia-Pacific facility in Martinsville, VA is looking for a motivated, maintenance professional to join our team as a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician.
In this position, you will be utilizing your knowledge and skills around electrical and mechanical maintenance while building a fulfilling career in the packaging industry. If you enjoy hands-on work where you can make a direct impact to your company and community, this may be the opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair machinery and mechanical equipment including motors, gearboxes, controls, PLC’s, and hydraulic/pneumatic components
- Utilize diagrams, schematics, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications in order to maintain and properly repair equipment as needed
- Identify ways to improve our maintenance program through continuous improvement techniques, technology and knowledge sharing
- This position will likely be a 2nd or 3rd shift position
- Occasional holidays, weekends and overtime work as needed
- Opportunity to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling
- Must maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of industrial electrical troubleshooting and mechanical repair experience in a manufacturing environment and/or Associate degree or higher in Industrial maintenance related field such as: industrial maintenance, electricity, mechatronics, industrial automation etc.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience working with computers
- High school diploma or GED
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf