We are building our in-house engineering team and are looking for a talented individual to join. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead new connector and terminal sealing technology development projects as well as modifications for legacy products through all development phases required to bring technology into application.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Knowledge and Skills:
- Provide fundamental knowledge and understanding of elastomeric materials behavior to enable successful development and qualification of seals
- Apply knowledge of rubber/elastomer manufacturing and material degradation to develop seal systems and establish design practices for sealing components used in connectors, expected to provide solutions that are manufacturable, cost effective and meeting product engineering performance requirements
- Ensure possessed working knowledge is synced with latest development in the elastomer/rubber field
- Develop procedure to characterize elastomer material to properly predict actual product performance using predictive engineering tools
- Develop test plans (DVP&Rs) to validate product performance and analyze test results using statistical methods.
- Lead root cause analysis utilizing structured problem-solving methods (8D, 5 Why, Fishbone) on identified sealing performance issues
Execution & Communication:
- Engage with external suppliers to successfully develop new seal products and support existing products
- Develop documentation of the project scope, requirements, feasibility, & engineering workplan. Works directly with product engineering to capture needs and translates into an executable project.
- Communicate technical knowledge and experimental findings in both written and verbal formats to peers, management and customers in a concise and clear manner.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Create / maintain engineering timelines, escalate barriers, and drive projects to completion.
- Some travel, as necessary; may be required.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Master’s in Material Science and Engineering or equivalent degree
- Knowledge of rubber/elastomer manufacturing process and material degradation due to environmental treatment
- Ph.D. in Material Science and Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5 years automotive product design experience
- Experience working with Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) technologies for rubber/elastomer application
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf