GP Recycling is seeking a General Laborer for our facility located in Elizabeth, NJ. This is a labor-intensive entry-level position. This role contributes to the functionality of the facility by identifying and reducing hazards and keeping the production area clean.
We have openings on 2nd shift (3pm-11pm)
GP Recycling, a subsidiary of Georgia–Pacific, is one of the largest pure traders of recycled fiber in the world, trading in excess of 100,000 tons per week. We develop markets for our suppliers’ recovered materials and provide a reliable source of quality feedstock to our global customer base. To learn more about our Recycling division, visit www.gpharmon.com.
What you will do in your role
- Adhering to all safety and health rules, as well as all other plant policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Ensuring cleanliness and safety in the facility by sweeping floors and trailers and picking up debris
- Assisting the lift truck drivers by setting and retracting dock plates, removing packages/items that cannot be removed with lift trucks, and securing trailer doors when unloading is complete
- Organizing pallets, crates, plastic bottles and plastic pails for recycling
The experience you will bring
- Willing and able to work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime, as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, humid, noisy, industrial environment
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a manufacturing, industrial, warehouse, or labor-intensive environment
High School Diploma or GED
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf