Medical Specialist- Security Officer
Matador Security Company, Inc. is looking for a currently certified EMT to join their team as a Medical Specialist- Security Officer. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide client care (in accordance with the Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services) and protective security operations. The hours for this position would include 2nd or 3rd shift (3 pm-11 pm OR 11 pm - 7:00 am).
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative abilities
- Professional demeanor
- Sense of urgency which drives results
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
What you will do in your role:
- Provide quality out of hospital care in a timely manner by safely assessing patients and performing advanced medical treatment to avert life threatening emergencies
- Ensure the health and safety of designated principals, as assigned by the Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader
- Travel in support of protective operations, both domestically and internationally
- Conduct medical site surveys, and document those surveys for dissemination to team members
- Participate in recurring protective operations training, to include firearms training, medical training, and other related tasks. *If you don’t have a security background, we are able to train in these areas.
- Maintain communication with the principals regarding all aspects of their health and safety
- Collaborate with Matador Security leadership and related teams to ensure the timely exchange of information regarding schedules, travel, and administrative requirements
- Maintain established Matador Security standard operating procedures
- Demonstrate responsibility for all equipment used in support of the medical operations program (i.e., vehicles, medical supplies, communications devices)
- Handle non-medical situations such as driving clients upon request and safeguarding personal property
- Respond to residential alarms until the source of the alarm is resolved
- Handle vehicle or pedestrian traffic as they arrive and facilitate their authorized entry
- Coordinate with first responders for emergency or non-emergency response to the client property
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
The experience you will bring:
- Currently certified as an EMT
- Must be able to conduct routine security/medical functions including walking escorts, climbing stairs, and standing stationary posts
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must possess valid DL
- High School diploma or GED
- Willing and able to travel 25% or more of the time, including international locations
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include 2nd or 3rd shift (3 pm-11 pm OR 11 pm - 7:00 am). Also able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing and able to relocate to Wichita.
- Certified Paramedic with 5+ years of experience in Emergency Medical Care or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, Basic Life Support (BLS) and Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) or Advance Tactical Paramedic or Trauma Combat Casualty Care.
- Ability to be armed pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 926B or 18 U.S.C. § 926C (commonly referred to as HR218) OR the ability to carry a firearm as a licensed private investigator
- Working knowledge of physical security systems, alarm/CCTV equipment and monitoring, computerized security hardware/software, and technical security countermeasures
- Familiarity with threat assessment measures and protective intelligence processes
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf