Georgia-Pacific has openings for General Laborers at our packaging facility in Modesto, CA; we are looking for self-starters with the desire to learn new skills which include driving a forklift and operating machinery. This role creates value by collaboratively working with production team members to ensure that a quality product is produced for our customers in a timely manner. The General Labor personnel reinforce the long term goals of the organization by assisting the production operators and contributing to a team environment. They also ensure that all safety standards and guidelines are consistently met. If you enjoy working safely with a team, we look forward to hearing from you!
This position offers a competitive benefits package with starting hourly rate of $16.34/hour!
What you will do in your role.
- Assisting crew members with set-ups; troubleshooting and making minor machine adjustments
- Keeping work area clean throughout shifts and performing tasks that may change from day to day or hour to hour
- Adhering to all safety, health, and plant rules, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Supporting our safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and abiding by Lock-Out-Tag-Out safety procedures
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
The experience you will bring.
- High School diploma or GED
- Willing and able to work flexible shifts (days, swing, graveyard) weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least 12 hours a day
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, dusty and noisy manufacturing environment
High School diploma or GED
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf