Molex, a subsidiary of Koch Industries is a globally recognized provider of electronic solutions in a wide range of industries, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical.
We have design and manufacturing facilities around the world, with an expert team of problem-solvers who work across borders to help bring product vision to life. With more than 75 years of experience, we lead the industry in R&D investment, striving to develop and deliver innovative, high-quality, reliable solutions that can be customized to meet customers’ needs.
We are seeking a dynamic Engineering Director to take the reign for regional responsibility for new product development and overall engineering activities for the product portfolio and technology roadmap. The Engineering Director will lead engineering staff at multiple design centers within the USA or internationally.This role will also drive and support global New Product Introduction (NPI) development and execution.The Engineering Director will provide overall direction to the engineering function by guiding and coaching engineering projects, setting priorities, delegating workload, and developing policies and procedures consistent with divisional and business unit standards.What you will do in your role.
- Lead activities of engineering staff to successfully drive the development of new products and modifications for existing products. Drive and execute new technologies aligned to the needs of the technology roadmap and market needs.
- Ensure design verification, qualification and reliability test plan execution for new all new products developed. Drive Product Development Plan (PDP) execution on new products in time-to-market and quality performance vs. prior year. Leverage an improved approach to collaboration across Project Management (PjM), Project Engineering (PE), Signal Integrity (SI), and the Manufacturing Integration Engineering (MIE) teams, identifying critical customer requirements and milestones.
- Ensure engineering department supports sales and marketing activities including providing designs, prototypes, and technical presentations in a timeframe which satisfies the customer. Review and approve engineering project or product documentation and engineering analysis for consistency and accuracy.Review and screen product development requests for feasibility and completeness.
- Ensure plant personnel, marketing and other appropriate personnel are notified on product changes, modifications and extensions.
- Assure we gain and maintain proper Agency approvals on products as required. Responsible for product patent protection, overseeing filing process and working closely with our patent attorneys.
- Drive continuous improvement in the product development process to improve efficiency of time, overall cost, and establish an environment that encourages creativity and value generation. Interface with all levels of management to resolve problems and issues that have reached critical level regarding design, quality, etc..
- Provide technical support to marketing, sales, and outside customers.May be responsible for developing and maintaining customer and supplier technical relationships and for developing and presenting customer presentations.
- Develop and manage budget for engineering area. Develop a talent management platform intended to maximize value creation by individuals and the organization. Hire, train and coach a regional engineering team and supporting staff. Appraise employee performance in accordance with Molex policies and procedures. Encourage and support positive employee relations, open communication, and teamwork within the work group and with other entities, both internal and external.
- Champion the education & deployment of MBM in the Copper Solutions BU.Make MBM part of the core culture of the Copper Solutions BU.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and leadership skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Strong computer skills: 3D modeling, spreadsheet, presentation, word processing, database software and statistical analysis software.
- Strong presentation skills to prepare and deliver effective presentations to customers and Molex personnel.
- Excellent customer relations skills; must be sensitive to the customers’ needs and show a sense of urgency to address customer issues.
- 12+ years of engineering with some experience in high-speed data products.
- 6+ years managing technical staff and processes.
- Master’s degree in engineering.
- Experience working on multinational projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf