First Article Inspector
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company is an end-to-end provider of innovation, development and manufacturing solutions to the pharmaceutical, diagnostics and medical device industries. Our Hudson, Wisconsin location is seeking a First Article Inspector to support manufacturing of injection molded parts and assembly.
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Complete first article inspection per customer specifications and maintain appropriate records
- Responsible for measuring parts and reporting any findings to engineering for submission to customer in support of all validation activities or as otherwise requested
- Identify the appropriate measurement method and create measurement work instructions
- Design go/no go gauges and holding fixtures in conjunction with Quality Engineering
- Coordinate, perform, and maintain calibration procedures
- Verify tool changes and process dimensions after tool modifications
- Perform capabilities studies, gauge repeatability and reproducibility analysis
- Provide statistical reports reflecting process control, process capability, and gauge repeatability
- Understand and utilize geometric tolerancing
- Extended travel to other facilities may be required to support business needs
The Experience You Will Bring:
- ASQ certification or equivalent experience (CMI) preferred
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Demonstrable working knowledge of CMM (coordinate measuring machine), Vision System and other precision measuring equipment
- Ability to apply SPC (Statistical Process Control) and GD (Geometric Dimensioning) and T (Tolerancing)
- Technical Degree in Precision Measurement or 2 years mix of education and experience
- 2+ years of quality related experience
- Must have a valid driver's license
Shift: First Shift Monday - Friday
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf