Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. Guardian’s Carleton location is a dual line float glass manufacturing plant producing architectural and automotive glass products.
Perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next EHS Specialist at our float glass manufacturing plant!
The selected individual will utilize their broad knowledge of environmental, health and safety to assist in building sustainable systems. The ideal candidate will have a technical or engineering background coupled with EHS manufacturing experience.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure compliance with all issued permits, with a heavy focus on air permit requirements.
- Maintain required records for all environmental media.
- Assist in the development of the ISO 14001:2015 environmental management system.
- Assist in the development of a safety management system.
- Update existing and develop new EHS training programs.
- Conduct and review safety audits, hazard assessments and hazardous waste inspections.
- Ability to review environmental concerns related to permitting activities for water, air and waste.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in environmental permit management in a manufacturing environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to complete documentation and execute/manage programs.
- Comfortable engaging in environments with a wide range of hazards. (Predominantly ergonomic and safety but also has physical and chemical hazards.)
- Highly motivated with willingness and comfort working in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to travel locally with occasional air/overnight trips.
- Extensive experience managing Title V air permits, NPDES Storm Water and Industrial Wastewater permits and hazardous waste management experience.
- Certification in: First Aid and CPR, HAZWOPER, Department of Transportation for hazardous shipments, RCRA training
- Experience evaluating new facilities, products, process and equipment for EHS concerns
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering Discipline, Safety or Industrial Hygiene emphasis (technical field)
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf