Georgia-Pacific has openings for Production Workers at our new facility in Tolleson, AZ (just outside Phoenix). Production Workers are essential to efficient operations on our production lines, having the technical ability to assist in the operation of multiple types web printing press equipment according to all Standard Operating Procedures and all Quality Standards at 100% for waste and productivity. They maintain consumables (paper ink water etc.) during production runs. These are developmental positions with growth potential in the facility as well as across Georgia-Pacific. We are working rotating 24x7 shifts, with a 7-day break in every 28-day period. We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime, health and dental benefits programs, paid time off/holidays and a 401k with an employer match. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Reading and understanding all information on job ticket pertaining to a specific job. Ensuring that all necessary components to produce the job are present
- Achieving print quality and achieving acceptable registration within specified M/R standards
- Understanding all technical aspects of press controls and sets up and operates splicer, gluer, Straub applicators, Label Applicators, rotary cutter, register systems, etc.
- Understanding tension controls, and ancillary equipment. Knowledgeable of how to web up the line, capable of setting glue rollers, changing plates, cylinders and glue pads. Has the ability to perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments
- Performing cleaning as required according to standard operating procedures and as directed by the Machine Operators
- Fully understands and maintains accurate counts on every job
- Maintaining a safe work environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Availability to work any shift, holidays and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- 1+ years' experience operating production machinery
- Clamp truck certification
- Experience working in a converting operation
- High school diploma or GED
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf