Sr. Advanced Quality Planning Engineer
DescriptionWhat you will do in your role.
- Member of New Product Development Team that guides the team to ensure Advanced Quality Planning is used in the development of new connectors and cables.
- Challenges new designs to incorporate lessons learned, avoid known failure modes and ensure sufficient predictive engineering analysis.
- Provides root cause analysis and data statistical analysis leadership to solve design issues and initial manufacturing challenges.
- Supports customer quality deliverables and concerns.
- Develops Quality System for New Products from component to assembly within a Product Development team.
- Monitors and Guides Product Development team to ensure Advanced Quality Planning is used in the development process.
- Accountable to Product Development Team, manufacturing plants globally and customer.
- Tasks can include complex problem-solving activities and require the ability to multitask and set priorities on many different problems on multiple New Products at the same time.
- Leads senior level projects to improve the AQP process.
- 5% - 15% U.S. and international travel.
- Champions Lessons learned, known failure modes elimination and challenges on predictive engineering analysis testing to ensure a flawless launch of new connector and cable products.
- Facilitates and provides expertise in the development of DFMEA's, Control Plans, Qualification Plans, etc., in new product development and product changes.
- Provides root cause analysis and data statistical analysis leadership to solve design issues, initial manufacturing challenges and customer complaints.
- Customer Champion:Review and conformance of customer specifications and completes customer required documentation for customer acceptance of new products and product changes.
- Partners closely and supports with global plant AQPs and global suppliers to meet new product quality and timing goals and overcome challenges with new designs.
- Challenges designs, testing, procedures, tooling and methods for better cable and connector products and New Product Development systems.
- Supports DFM and design reviews by presenting lessons learned and known failure modes with connector / cable experience and expertise.
- Facilities print reviews for standardized critical feature identification for mechanical performance and electrical (signal integrity) performance that will feed into tool qualification and production controls.
- Leads senior level projects to improve the AQP process for the business unit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- 8 - 10 Years Quality Engineering Experience in connector/cable manufacturing or related field required.
- 10+ Years Quality Engineering Experience in connector/cable manufacturing in a new development role preferred
- Strong organizational skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload Statistical and Data Analysis Skills Leadership and team facilitation skills Knowledge of metrology and GD&T required
- Working knowledge of progressive stamping, plating, molding and assembly processes Quality System and Supplier Auditing Gage and Fixture design Knowledge of Signal Integrity preferred
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field required
- ASQC Certification (CQE) preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf