As a member of the product management team, this position is akey contributor to define new products, collaborate in development, and commercializeIndustrial Control and Communication (IC&C) group of products. The Product Manager- IC&C is responsible for full product life cycle from development to disposal.
Product requirements specification creation in collaboration with BDMs, generating use cases and agile epics, competitive analysis, maintaining the product lines competitiveness by cost optimization, updating the realization techniques, and managing the features are among others conducted by PM-IC&C.
Product roadmaps in sync with the technology roadmaps and group strategies are created by this role to maintain high margin and competitive products which can contribute and improve revenue and profit goals of the BU.
The PM – IC&C is not responsible for promoting a product, sales activities or product marketing.
What you will do in your role.
- Product Lifecycle Management:
- Managing the product line, and taking ownership going through product development, product growth, product maturity, and product declining stages
- Creating product line roadmaps that are aligned with group technology roadmaps and long-term strategies
- Conducting the product competitive analysis and committing to maintain the product competitiveness
- Managing product forecasts and streamlining product manufacturing (component obsolescence, supply chain issues and so on)
- Managing customer issues and QNs in collaboration with QA group
- Managing product end of life process
- Acting as product expert
- New Product Definition:
- Developing Product Requirements Document in collaboration with BDMs and SEs
- Defining use case scenarios and sprint epics for agile implementations
- Negotiating and prioritizing product features with customers through BDMs
- Negotiating and prioritizing development process steps with other stakeholders (PjM, QA, and Development team)
- New Product Development:
- Managing customer interactions, problems and communications during the development
- Managing agile backlogs
- Communicating with internal stakeholders
- Managing a new product commercialization including but not restricted to ERP setup, product specification materials, and so on
- Managing pricing
- Managing a smooth product launch
- Communicating product development activities effectively within the organization
- Publish technical articles/white papers to help establish market leadership position for Molex in focus markets
- Constant Improvement:
- Participating in standard groups activities as required to maintain visibility on market direction and product technology needs
- Participating in long term new product planning (3 Year Plans, etc.) to ensure Molex product plans are in synch with market needs
- Practicing entrepreneurial, innovative, and forward-looking culture as per MBM
The experience you will bring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 5+ years of product management experience in an agile environment
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Industrial Automation market is a must
- Strong customer focus
- Self motivated and goal oriented
- Strong analytical skills. Excellent communication and team building skills are required
- Deep and thorough knowledge of agile management and development methodologies
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of many technologies
- Familiarity with functional safety products is an asset
- Familiarity with regulatory standards in the industry that may influence our products
- Familiarity or experience with security is a plus
- MBA is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering