Process Technical Manager
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
An exciting opportunity has become available at our Goole, UK site for a Process Technical Manager on our Float Line.
What you will do in your role.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading a team of skilled process engineers who create value through driving process improvement with a clear focus on safety, quality and production. You will be capable of taking the lead in maximising manufacturing capabilities and proposing further improvement and innovation projects.
- The Goole plant is currently investing in a multi-million pound refurbishment project to rebuild its float line assets next year. The project includes integrating state of the art technology to enable Guardian and the Goole plant realize its ambitious growth plans.
- This is a senior and influential role that shapes the way the whole plant operates and sits within the plant operations management team. There are numerous opportunities to grow and develop your future career within Guardian or other Koch Industries companies in the UK or worldwide.
Your role will focus on:
- Leading the team in the pursuit of Health & Safety excellence.
- Effectively managing your team to success and constantly developing each team member.
- Effective communication within the team and across other areas of the business to influence and lead others.
- Facilitating root cause analysis and corrective action planning for the float process.
- Responsible for monitoring process performance and analyzing this information to drive the business forward.
The experience you will bring.
- Have previous experience of managing or comprehensive technical knowledge of glass making processes.
- Be a result driven individual who can work well alone and as part of a wider team who is always aiming to deliver what you set out to achieve but unafraid to experiment.
- You will have excellent communication skills and experience of dealing with a diverse range of people.
Be educated to degree level or above with managerial experience in a demanding manufacturing environment.