When you are looking at a city’s skyline or on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
An exciting opportunity has become available at our Goole, UK site for a Process Engineer on our Float Line.
What you will do in your role.
- Audit and control of production processes to ensure compliance with site and regulatory safety standards.
- Responsibility for process efficiency, output and quality in your section.
- Process owner of up to £10m of assets.
- Technical project management at a local level with involvement in international projects.
- Select, develop and manage the relevant contractor and supplier base.
- Proactively generate and deliver process, environmental and safety improvements.
The experience you will bring.
- Previous experience in the glass industry is advantageous.
- Drive, initiative and self motivation to take advantage of the freedom offered.
- Effective and confident communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Creative and effective problem solving skills.
- Hands-on approach where necessary.
- Be able to develop instrumental relationships with internal customers.
- A high level of commitment and flexibility.
- Strong work ethic and attitude.
- Self sufficient but with the ability to work within a team.
- Technical Degree – Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, Process Engineering preferable.