When you are looking at a city’s skyline or on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
An exciting opportunity has become available at our Goole, UK site for a Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Working within a small team and reporting to the EHS Manager, we are responsible for providing a competent EHS support to meet the needs of our fast-paced business. Due to it being a small team workload will be varied across the discipline of EHS and the ability to be flexible and prioritise are important.
The role will include:
- Environmental compliance reporting such as Climate Change Agreement, Emissions Trading Systems (EU ETS) and waste packaging.
- Providing EHS advice and support for the plant and liaising with staff at all levels.
- Maintenance and development of the sites ISO18001/14001 and 6001 Management Systems.
- Building effective working relationships with the operational teams
- Project work along side day to day work activity
- Supporting the EHS Manager in achieving goals for the department and site
The Experience You Will Bring
- Relevant experience within a similar role (experience within the manufacturing industry is desirable)
- An enthusiastic approach with a passion for EHS
- The ability to communicate and engage with people at all levels of the organisation
- A proactive nature with the confidence to challenge and drive improvement
- Relevant qualification within EHS
What Will Put You Ahead
- Due to the nature of the small team, workload will be varied across the discipline of EHS and the ability to be flexible and prioritise are important.
- This role is an EHS role but with an Environmental focus therefore proven competence with the environmental topic is desirable
- Experience within EUETS and Waste Packaging compliance would be advantageous for this role.
- Membership of a professional Body relevant to the role (eg IOSH, IEMA) would be advantageous.