The Georgia-Pacific corrugated box plant in Huntsville, Alabama is now hiring to expand our team of talented Production Associates. Candidates selected for this role will have the unique opportunity to train with our experienced machine operators and learn our process of producing corrugated boxes from start to finish. Think this is a job you would enjoy? Watch this video to decide if this is the right opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
After training, the sky is the limit! Successful trainees have the opportunity to move into Machine Operator roles on different pieces of production equipment! This position may be right for you if you are:
- A Team Player– Our equipment is complex and highly-technical, so you can’t do it alone! Our employees collaborate every day to produce a quality product, overcome challenges, and implement improvements.
- A Safety Champion– GP employees are expected to place the protection of health and safety of the environment first, no matter how urgent the job.
- Ready to Grow– Our Operators-in-Training are the future leaders of our plant. The right candidate will have a desire to learn and advance in our organization.
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more of experience in a farming, carpentry, construction, warehouse, military, industrial, or manufacturing environment OR One (1) year or more of a Career/ Technical Educational or Certification Program
- Experience using a computer, such as typing, using a mouse, and email
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, humid, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) and up to (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Experience working in a corrugated box plant
- High School Diploma or GED (Preferred, not required)
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf