Lumber Production Operator
Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific has opened a brand-new state-of-the art lumber mill in Albany, GA. Our new mill will produce approximately 350 million board-feet of lumber per year, with plans to expand beyond that in the future! We are looking for Lumber Production Operators to join our team. These operators create value by maintaining high levels of productivity and quality. They will be key in the successful operation of the top assets of the mill. This position gives an entrepreneurial thinker the opportunity to identify ways to innovate throughout the facility.
Georgia-Pacific in Albany produces Southern Pine dimensional lumber, the workhorse of the building industry. It is an affordable, strong, durable softwood that is excellent for pressure treating, light frame construction, general utility framing, studs, pallets, crafting, and floor and roof trusses. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific's Building Products Division please visit: www.buildgp.com/lumber
What you will do in your role.
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures while actively participating in the safety program
- Safely operating machinery and equipment to help meet or exceed production and quality goals, while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Maintaining extremely high housekeeping standards, which allow machines to run smoothly, reduce personnel/equipment interaction, maintain environmental controls, and improve the appearance of the facility
The experience you will bring.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience using a computer (typing, using a mouse, Microsoft Office programs, etc.)
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as required
- Willing and able to able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Experience using MP2 or other CMMS programs
- Experience in the lumber industry
- Experience with the preventative and corrective maintenance of lumber production equipment
- High School Diploma or GED (Preferred, but not required)
Salary and Benefits Commiserate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf