PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER
The Process Modeling and Control Automation Group is systematically applying a full range of process control solutions to improve the profitability of the refinery – from base regulatory controls to model-predictive controls, including real-time optimization, state-based control and procedure automation. As a Process Control Engineer, you play a key role in implementing this vision.
What you will do in your role
- Design, develop and implement process control applications, either working solely with the site team or working with additional, specialized contractor resources.
- Work collaboratively with Operations and Process Engineering to ensure that process control applications are working as designed, delivering real benefits and running with high uptimes.
- Apply the appropriate process control technology to solve process control issues.
- Develop specialized process control expertise in areas that build on your experience and complement the knowledge and skills of the existing Process Control Group (state-based control, procedure automation, MPC, RTO, etc.)
- Collaborate with other automation and innovation resources throughout Flint Hills Resources.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in refining or chemicals processing industries.
- Specific expertise in some aspects of process control technology, such as regulatory control, model-predictive control, state-based control or real-time optimization.
- Valid Driver's License
- Master's degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET (or similar) accredited program.
- 5+ years of work experience in refining or chemicals processing industries.
- Broad range of practical process control experience in multiple areas, including regulatory control, model-predictive control, state-based control and real-time optimization.
- Knowledge of Emerson Delta V DCS system.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET (or similar) accredited program.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf