Principal Optical System Engineer
Molex is a leading provider of optical communications components, smart modules, and subsystems. Molex is seeking a dynamic Principal Optical System Engineer to join our Optical Solutions team based in Fremont, CA.
Molex offers integrated design and manufacturing solutions for leading global and emerging network equipment manufacturers serving numerous addressable infrastructure markets for transportation and aggregation of the metro and long distance, wireless traffic, data center networks and cable television.
The Principal Optical System Engineer will be responsible for the 400G/800G and above Coherent Program.
What you will do in your role.
- Lead optical performance characterization and optimization for 400G/800G coherent transceiver under various application environments in transmission system
- Design, debug and fully integrate 400G/800G coherent transceiver with optical transmission link
- Conduct optical power budget analysis, run simulation to guide key component selection
- Evaluate and calibrate characteristics of optoelectronic components, including COSA, IC-TROSA, ITLA and DSP
- Perform design validation testing to verify transceiver optical performance
- Develop test methodology or provide test guidance for optical parameters measurement
- Perform data analysis to drive system performance improvement and design optimization
- Conduct customer specification review and analysis in RFI/RFQ
- Support key design-in activities, such as debug and troubleshooting of issues raised by customers
- Coach and guide other engineers
The experience you will bring.
- 10+ years of hands-on Optical Engineer Development experience in Telecom and/or Datacom industry
- 5+ years of recent experience with coherent transceiver, transponder or system
- Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf