Production Area Superintendent
Our facility in Brookneal, VA (Lynchburg, VA area) is currently seeking a Production Area Superintendent. This key role reports to the Plant Manager and has the ability to influence decision making. This role will lead the Press and Finishing production processes to ensure quality standards and production goals are safely met. This role is also responsible for mentoring and training team members. If you are a creative thinker and like to set the tone and pace for your team, this position is for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role.
- Lead the Forming, Blending, Press and Finishing production processes to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment
- Supervise/coordinate production efforts that drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs.
- Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and performance management.
- Drive improvement through influential leadership by demonstrating strong oral/written communication skills, knowledge of basic accounting concepts, analytical and critical thinking skills, team building, and effective problem solving.
- Available as needed for area breakdown scenarios to ensure prompt return to service.
The Experience You Will Bring.
- Prior leadership experience in a continuous manufacturing environment
- Understanding of financial data
- Prior experience justifying spend and challenging costs based on risk analysis
- One (1) year experience with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
- Understanding of reliability practices, including vibration analysis, lubrication, and/or thermography, and their impact on production
- Five (5) or more years of experience supervising direct reports with an OSB manufacturer
- Bachelor's Degree or higher (Preferred)
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf