Georgia-Pacific is looking for General Laborers to join our team as Packers at our newest air-conditioned facility just outside of Phoenix in Tolleson, AZ. The material packer inspects for quality, keeps accurate counts and paperwork, and stacks the product into boxes on the skid. They will perform essential task to assist the line operator in maintaining accurate counts and to maintain a clean & safe work environment.
These are developmental positions with growth potential in the facility as well as across Georgia-Pacific. We are working rotating 24x7 shifts, with a 7-day break in every 28-day period. We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime, health and dental benefits programs, paid time off/holidays and a 401k with an employer match. Come join our team!
What you will do in your role.
- Performing visual quality inspections
- Ensuring product is being packaged according to customer requirements; correct boxes being used, correct amount in box, all information on label is correct
- Learning and understanding procedures to assure accuracy of good product counts and waste counts, while maintaining accurate and complete records as required
- Assisting line operators in wash-ups, make-readies, and startups
- Performing general housekeeping and cleaning of area workspaces/floor
- Maintaining a safe work environment
The experience you will bring.
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment
- Willing and able to work on your feet for prolonged periods of time
- Willing and able to work 12-hour shifts, day or night, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Experience working in a converting operation
- Previous experience of continuous work in a high-speed, team-based manufacturing environment (Ex.- picker-packer, dedicated assembly, and warehousing)
- High school diploma or GED
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf