Master Black Belt
This job posting is no longer active.
The primary focus will be to ensure suppliers understand and comply to internal stakeholder requirements, customer requirements, and industry regulations.In addition, this position will be the internal global resource and driver of the tools and methods for supporting the implementation of Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, and Risk Reduction across the Molex global supply base. This position will include leading the execution of improvement projects at Molex plants and externally at supplier locations.
Master Black Belt is responsible for project, coaching, and training execution; and in the future, supervising Black Belts. Key Metrics and budget spending limits which are determined yearly on the Divisional Focal Points, serve as the measurement of success.
What you will do in your role
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of Lean and Six Sigma philosophy, methodology, theory, applications, tools and tactics.
- Translate Six Sigma and Lean techniques into effective and practical application across the assigned projects, gaining and maintaining commitment from internal and external team members through continual training, education, and coaching.
- Lead global assigned project teams to effectively solve complex problems and insure sustained improvement, identifying barriers to the effective application of the Lean and Six Sigma methods and taking the necessary action to resolve or escalate issues/problems.
- Report as appropriate on project status through the established project tracking system and management/project reviews.
- Proactively communicate with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain an awareness of, and fully understand, the impact to the customer and other stakeholders of process improvement projects, as well as customer requirements regarding process change, ensuring effective communication is maintained to eliminate any potential negative impact.
- Provide support, assistance, coaching and mentoring to Six Sigma Green & Black Belts and Lean Belts in their process improvement projects, sharing expertise to ensure successful project implementation.
- Train others on specific Lean, Six Sigma, Quality Improvement, and Risk management tools and methods. Potential trainees include but are not limited to: Senior and Mid-Level Management, Black, Green, Lean Belts, and external suppliers.
- Conduct supplier capability assessments to support the development of Lean and Six Sigma Project priorities, and population of the Global Supplier Development project hopper.
- Effectively manage stakeholders and align and coordinate efforts with those of overall Corporate Global Supplier Quality (GSQ) and Procurement.
- Work with the Procurement Leadership Team and Global Supplier Quality Compliance & Risk to effectively co-lead the deployment of Lean and Six Sigma based Supplier Development initiatives across the supply base; the expectation will be that these projects will drive significant performance and/or ROI for Molex.
- Ensure compliance with Six Sigma and Company approved policies and procedures.
- And perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The experience you will bring
- A minimum of ten years of experience. Must have achieved Black Belt Certification as a result of successful projects implemented and completion of exams. Trained and experienced in team facilitation skills as well as the technical tools associated with Lean, Six Sigma, and Quality Management
- Supervisory or management experience preferably in manufacturing environment
- MUST be comfortable and proficient with algebra level mathematics with an understanding of applied probability and statistics. The job holder must have a record of strong performance and be a trusted professional with a high level of credibility at all levels across the location. Strong computer skills with a solid understanding of all Microsoft Office applications. Excellent project management skills, leadership, presentation and communication skills are required.
- Leadership skills are paramount to success in this position. The incumbent must have team building skills, mentoring skills and the ability to motivate people and teams. The ability to work independently and in ambiguous situations is necessary, as is the ability to relate to all levels of the organization, from shop floor to top management of the facility and organization. Once trained, teaching skills and communication skills are necessary to ensure that actions and projects are competed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Proven leadership skills and business acumen. Performance-driven.
- Excellent understanding of analytical tools and statistics.
- Excellent training and presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written.
- Broad strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction of world class change management and a passion for Six Sigma methodologies as a strategically critical business philosophy.
- Good working knowledge of the principles and philosophies of total quality management and high-performance work systems.
- Demonstrable experience in the development and maintenance of descriptive analytics dashboards, using Power BI, Tableau or Similar Knowledge of and experience in applying Risk management tools and methods.
- Respected and trusted leader with a proven track record of achievement, solid technical skills, and a reputation as a leader of change. Strong project management skills.
- Works well in team environment with sound negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and the ability to work, teach and mentor cross-functionally with other leaders and belts on sensitive and/or emotive issues.
- Knowledgeable of company's strategies and change philosophies.
- Able to combine assertive initiative with professional discipline and demeanor to influence others in accomplishing difficult tasks.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with all levels of the organization and at suppliers.
- Strong sense of commitment to the organization and its overall success.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Advanced Statistics Analysis
- Descriptive Analytics Dashboard Creation Experience Using Power BI, Tableau or Similar
- Lean Techniques
- Project Management
- Train the Trainer
- DMAIC knowledge and experience
- FMEA knowledge and experience
- 8D knowledge and experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical discipline. Alternatively, the job holder will have significant relevant experience (a minimum of 10 years) in addition to that outlined in the Work Related Experience section below.
Advanced degree in business/technical area preferred
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.