Process Safety Engineer
Flint Hills Resources has a robust safety presence in the refining and chemical industries and desires to continue developing our Process Safety team. We are currently seeking a Process Safety Management (PSM) Engineer to join our team of Process Safety Professionals at our Rosemount, MN refinery. As a Process Safety Engineer, you will be directly responsible for support and oversight of one or more Process Safety Management programs at the Pine Bend Refinery.
What you will do in your role
You will partner with key operations, maintenance, and technical support groups to achieve the shared vision for Operational Process Safety through the application of PSM standards and industry best practices, management system ownership, and routine interaction and auditing. You will work side-by-side with strong leadership and PSM technical experts to succeed in this role and prepare you for future opportunities at FHR. The ideal person will have a solid process background and a passion for Process Safety. As part of our PSM team, you will initially be responsible for our Management of Change program, which covers a very broad range of disciplines and applications. Oversight of supporting software systems will require aptitude in the use of various systems such as Microsoft Power Applications. This role has the flexibility to expand as the needs of the facility and the career development of the engineer evolve over time.
The experience you will bring
- A minimum of 2 years applicable work experience
- Established communication skills to promote interfacing with a wide variety of plant staff (operations, technical, corporate) and external entities
- 5+ years work experience within a Petroleum Refinery or comparable manufacturing environment.
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Practical/applied experience in Process Safety Engineering or related Operational Support
- Bachelor of Science Engineering Degree, Process Safety Engineering, or equivalent technical experience with 2 years of applicable work experience
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf