Do you enjoy working in a team environment to meet Safety, Quality and Production goals? Are you motivated by seeing the results of your work in the end-product? If so, then we are interested in learning about you! We are immediately hiring for Manufacturing Technicians in the Logistics, Printing, Packaging and Plate Forming Press departments to join our team at our Dixie® facility in Bowling Green, KY. This is a great opportunity to work in a climate-controlled work environment with opportunities for advancement.
Georgia-Pacific in Bowling Green has been proudly making Dixie® paper plates since 1993. Our facility is clean, well-lit, and climate-controlled (average of 75 degrees year-round). Our team members are salaried non-exempt and work an attractive twelve (12) hour schedule. They work 36 hours one week and get paid for 40 hours. The following week they work 48 hours and get paid for 8 hours of overtime. Our team members can learn new skills and advance in their positions. Employees that achieve the Tech III level, can make over $50k annually.
What You Will Do in Your Role
- Operating and maintaining machines to meet production and quality goals
- Performing changeovers and setting up equipment
- Performing preventative and predictive maintenance on the equipment
- Troubleshooting and basic maintenance of equipment
- Conducting required quality checks to maintain quality of product
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area throughout shift to ensure a safe and orderly work environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- One of the following:
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience operating and maintaining machines in a manufacturing environment
- Vocational training in manufacturing processes
- Experience maintaining farming or automotive equipment
- Experience working with hand tools
- Ability to perform basic preventative maintenance and possess troubleshooting skills
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work a twelve (12) hour shift to include overtime, weekends & holidays
- Experience with changeovers and setting up equipment
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to use a computer, to include but not limited to: composing and sending emails and completing computer-based training
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 60-80 lbs. to shoulder height
- High school diploma or GED
- $2,500 for achieving Tech I certification
- Most employees complete this within 3-9 months
- Employees must complete their Tech I within 12 months of employment
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf