Health & Safety Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Safety & Health Leader at our Toledo, OR facility. Reporting to the Vice President, General Manager, the Safety & Health Leader will provide trans-formative leadership and guidance to the leadership team and their direct reports, including the Engineering group as they pursue capital projects, and the Reliability group from a Mechanical Integrity perspective. This position will lead a Safety & Health capability group that includes Process Safety Engineering, Occupational Safety & Health, Worker's Compensation / Medical Management, and the Emergency Response Team. This role will work directly with the leadership team in identify risk reduction, trans-formative capital project opportunities via the site's Path to Zero risk reduction plan, applying Human & Organizational Performance (HOP) concepts to assist Toledo in becoming a learning environment, and create value by achieving sustainable cultural improvements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
You will serve as a coach, mentor and counselor to mill VP, facility leadership, capability groups and S&H team to develop and execute short and long-term safety & health objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks. Providing leadership, influencing and strategic direction to leadership team and direct reports to achieve the vision of ZERO significant incidents.
- Providing transformation leadership and guidance to achieve virtuous cycles of mutual benefit
- Utilizing development plans to grow safety/health and process safety skills and knowledge though innovation in training and development programs
- Developing strategies for emerging facility and corporate needs and initiatives, especially those related to risk reduction with asset strategies and process safety ventures
- Ensuring compliance with OSHA PSM and EPA RMP requirements for the covered process, as well as promote the use of process safety principles throughout the mill to reduce risk to our employees, our environment, and our community
- Working closely with facility maintenance to assure mechanical integrity is managed in keeping with risk-based process safety objectives as well as compliance-based requirements
- Leading the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards, overseeing evaluation, interpretation, and compliance with state and federal regulations and permits
- Applying Human & Organization Performance (HOP) concepts so the facility becomes a robust learning environment where knowledge sharing occurs in an expedite manner
- Communicating with business unit safety and health and other personnel to assure alignment with business vision, strategy, and programs
- Facilitating incident investigations, ensuring HOP concepts are utilized so the learning is maximized and ensuring recommendations are effective from both a prevention and recovery perspective
- Leading and/or facilitating the leadership of Process Hazards Analyses (PHA) for processes involving highly hazardous chemicals
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in influencing operating leadership teams as well as site safety and health teams
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a safety and health leadership role on site
- Experience with process safety in a manufacturing environment
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification, Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Bachelors' Degree or higher in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to establish sustainable systems for compliance and continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of Human & Organizational Performance (HOP) concepts and methods
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering or an EHS focus degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.