Quality Assurance Chemist
Do you enjoy using your analytical skills to solve problems? Are you a self-starter who likes to learn new things? If so, check out this opportunity! Our Georgia-Pacific Chemical facility in Albany, Oregon is looking for a Quality Assurance Chemist.
Our Albany Plant is a performance chemical company focused on manufacturing products for the building products, industrial, and agricultural application businesses. This is a non-exempt salary role and is eligible for overtime pay.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing technical support to the Quality Engineer
- Maintaining and troubleshooting analytical laboratory equipment and maintaining adequate laboratory supplies
- Supporting a chemical complex that operates 24/7 and includes formaldehyde plants and resin reactors
- Using statistical and quality tools to help meet or exceed goals
- Preparing samples for shipment
- Partnering with the Research and Development team to standardize plant methods to customer and company specifications
- Continuous improvement of familiarity with Lab Safety and Quality practices/techniques
- Training operators on required testing and how to properly use/maintain associated lab equipment
- Participating in safety and compliance efforts for the complex
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to work overtime and the on-call schedule for weekends and holidays
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word; creating documents, Excel; creating spreadsheets, utilizing formulas, & analyzing data, and Outlook; scheduling meeting invites & emailing
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry
- Experience with working with analytical equipment including titrators, gas chromatography and LECO equipment for C:N analysis.
- Minimum of one (1) year of lab or quality experience
- Minimum of six (6) months of industrial/manufacturing experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field OR two or more years of experience in a QA/QC lab
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf