Chemical Process Safety Coordinator
Georgia-Pacific Chemicals (GPC) is seeking a Chemical Process Safety(CPS) Coordinator at our Albany, OR and Eugene, OR chemical facilities. The CPS Coordinator provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to Process Safety.
What you will do in your role.
CPS Coordinators create real value by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated, facility Health and safety (H&S) strategies are consistent with company Process Safety Management (PSM) and Chemical Process Safety (CPS) visions and strategies, effective and sustainable management systems are developed and implemented. CPS Coordinators drive safety excellence and performance improvement through culture change by coaching and developing the facility team. This position reports to the CPS Manager.
- Providing safety leadership and strategic direction within the Albany & Eugene Chemical Plants
- Developing and aligning facility CPS strategy according to the Division CPS plan and facility critical risks through site specific policies, procedures, and best-practices.
- Support the CPS Manager in leading teams through to the completion of the Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) process to ensure compliance with applicable requirements
- Reviewing training systems for effectiveness with an eye towards continuous improvement
- Conducting formal and informal site safety inspections and ensure appropriate actions are taken where gaps are identified
- Develop into a subject matter expert (SME) in the implementation of the 14 Element of PSM at both facilities.
- Assist in the management of Albany & Eugene process safety information
- Engaging in the Health and Safety program through supporting the GPC Albany/Eugene Plant Health and Safety Manager
- Ensuring systems effectively address the PSM risk profile at the plant through monitoring compliance, conducting risk assessments and root cause analyzes and tracking performance metrics
The experience you will bring.
- Three (3) or more years of Health & Safety experience in industrial or manufacturing environment OR a participant of the Georgia-Pacific ELP program
- Completion of the Georgia-Pacific Safety ELP program
- Experience in heavy manufacturing and/or chemical processing
- Experience working in an industry or facility that is regulated under OSHA’s Process Safety Management (PSM) standard
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf