Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
SRG Global is seeking you to become our next Environmental Engineer!
The Environmental Engineer is responsible for providing hands on support to the plants compliance with environmental standards.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Comply with Federal, state and local regulations with regard to non-hazardous waste handling procedures. Ensure proper handling, labeling, disposal and storage of wastes.
- Comply with all required safety regulations including confined space entry, lock-out tag-out, and PPE. Maintain safety and 5-S housekeeping standards of work area.
- Willingness to grow and learn in the environmental field.
- Responsible for conducting hazardous waste, spcc, swppp, and groundwater inspections.
- Emergency Spill Response.
- Responsible for supporting the environmental management system.
- Conducts Method 9 Opacity Observations.
- Be able to work with other departments to maintain and implement environmental systems.
- Must be willing to travel for training needs.
- General understanding of Clean Air Act.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001/Auditing Experience is preferred but not required.
- General understanding of coating operations and environmental controls is preferred but not required.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental field or similar discipline is preferred, High School Diploma and/or GED Equivalent is required. Experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred but is not required.
- Experience with computers and Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Language skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to calculate simple mathematical equations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as concentrations, percentage, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf