Engineer, Mechanical Design
This job posting is no longer active.
We are currently building our in house Engineering staff and are looking for a talented Project Engineer to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In the Connected Mobility Business Unit, we are at the forefront of the connected car movement. From innovative products like high speed USB and LVDS signaling to mini-coax and 25Gb+ Ethernet solutions, we design and manufacture products that enable flawless data transfer within the next generation of autonomous and connected vehicles.
In this role you will have the opportunity to lead the design engineering of new and existing connector and terminal products from concept to production
What You Will Do in Your Role
- Leads design efforts in developing new connectors, terminals and cables for high speed data transmission used in autonomous vehicles and automotive infotainment systems. Follow all Product Development Phases required to bring concepts into production with supervision from Engineering Supervisor and Manager. Prepare presentation material for design reviews and customer meetings.
- Leads design activity in developing major new connectors, terminals and cables for high speed data transmission used in autonomous vehicles and automotive infotainment systems. Guides and directs the activities of multifunctional team(s) according to the priorities set by Engineering management.
- Evaluate customer requirements to develop technical assumptions and requirements that provides an outline for project scope, planning and quoting activities. Create Design FMEA, execute on risk mitigating actions from the DFMEA, and update the DFMEA accordingly. Responsible for design/product validation plan and report. Supports cross-functional feasibility reviews of new products.
- Prepares information such as design concepts at design reviews and at meetings with customers. Participates and provides value add feedback in customer’s Product Design Team meetings. Provides team and customers with regular status updates. Provides technical support to customers both internal and external. Responds to questions/requests in a timely manner. Problem solving and troubleshooting in the reliability lab, over the phone or at the customer location.
- Confirms product design intent. Performs/Reviews stack studies and other analyses required from the DFMEA to reduce and eliminate failure modes from designs before tool release. Checks manufacturing drawings for completeness and accuracy. Performs engineering tests and submits products for screen and qualification testing in the reliability lab.
- Coordinates new product development, debug and release. Follows all product development steps, supplies tooling groups with necessary drawings for quoting and tool build. Assists and supports manufacturing in the debug process. Responsible for follow-up, documentation, publishing and expediting all action items of a new product program.
- Prepares and follows engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures. Supports other engineers in department by checking drawings and provides mark-up for corrections.
- Produces suitable manufacturing drawings that follow the Molex Drawing Standard and employs accepted GD&T methodology.
- Interfaces with internal departments (manufacturing, quality, lab, sales and marketing) to ensure design objectives are met in a timely manner and assists by providing product information, engineering samples and technical advice. Also interfaces with suppliers and customers.
- Supports current product with continuous improvement and supports resolution of customer issues.
- Able to disposition products from measurement data.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
The Experience You Will Bring
4 or more years of design and product development experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent science degree
This job posting is no longer active.