Sr. Software Developer II
We are looking for a Sr Software Developer II excited to work on high value, complex, global supply chain transformation opportunities as part of our Advanced Analytics organization at Koch. This team member will be part of our custom web app development team, to assist them with design, web UI, dashboard UI/UX and more. We want passionate, forward thinking individuals who are driven to innovate through the intersection of cutting-edge research and high-quality data available within Koch’s impressive portfolio of companies.
You will be working with advanced and emerging analytics technology, engaging with leading data science, technology experts, and operations research science talent, while owning data model integration and front-end elements of production ready predictive and prescriptive applications. Our analysis team works at the center of customer subject matter experts, data owners, and our analytics engagement leaders, data scientists, and operations research team to collect and transform data, establish baselines, manage knowledge for successful experiments as they go into pilot and production. This team is the critical link between groups, accelerating all phases of our advanced analytics applications, from initiation to experimentation, pilot to production.
We work with diverse business scenarios and data types, experimenting and piloting at a rapid pace – exciting for our ideal candidate who loves detailed analysis, quality code, process improvement, and solving complex global business problems.
Koch Business Solutions (KBS) is the global problem-solver of business needs for Koch Industries. We serve more than 120,000 Koch employees worldwide and partner with 11 Koch companies from a diverse number of industries; ranging from making fabric, glass and paper products, to manufacturing cell phone components. Since 2003 we have invested over $80 Billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures and are proud to reinvest more than 90% of our earnings back into our companies.
Want to come help create the future of advanced analytics at Koch?
This role is open to remote candidates with preference to sit in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, or Wichita.
What you will do in your role.
- Work with engagement leaders and program managers during project initiation to understand requirements and success criteria
- Optimize User Interface for Speed, Reliability, and Scalability
- Design mockups, wireframes, prototypes and assets for a wide variety of projects
- Contribute to strategy for code management and product development, maintain reusable assets that accelerate time-to-value
- Determine relevant data elements, work with owners to acquire and analyze for structure relevant to success criteria, map processes
- Collaborate with project and program manager(s) to present resulting product to stakeholders
- Critical thinking and problem solving with UX
- Works directly with the client user, front end developer, and data scientists to design, test and develop new business analytics applications
- Develop and maintain data integrations with internal and external sources
- Adheres to and promotes the use of SDLC and code reuse
- Supports data selection, extraction, and cleansing for applications, including descriptive and diagnostic analysis
- Rapidly fix bugs, solve problems, and proactively strive to improve our products and technologies
- Creates and sustains processes, tools, and on-going support structures and processes
- Creates quality project documentation including data flow diagrams, use cases, process models and integrating models across functional areas and platforms
The experience you will bring.
- Experience with libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, and ReactJS
- Experience with web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with contemporary front-end technologies, such as: React, Redux, Vue, D3, Jasmine, Next.js and others
- Understanding of common DevOps, CICD processes and SDLC methodologies; experience building thoughtful and detailed user/functional requirements that enable rapid, high-quality software development
- Development experience in a cloud platform (AWS, MS Azure, or Google), that includes understanding of data ingestion, transformation, and automation, leveraging APIs
- Proven experience in SQL
- Strong understanding of git and version control-based workflows
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf