Our team at Phillips-Medisize is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer! This role will ensure facility objectives are met by providing direction and leadership for all location quality functions through improved communication and systems utilized by external and internal customers and suppliers. Our ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the project development process, associated terminology, and quality system requirements, along with a demonstrable track record of project accomplishments and of planning activities with contingency actions. If you are looking to join a great team and progressive organization, consider applying to our open role!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be a technical resource for the initiation and implementation of cost improvement plans on new and existing programs
- Coordinate new process techniques that improve overall job efficiencies
- Implement systems and procedures that assure compliance with Quality Standards
- Development and implementation of statistical incoming and in-process sampling/control plans
- Manage the qualification of processes performed by PPC suppliers; troubleshoot and lead corrective actions relating to supplier performance; improve process for supplier data submission to reduce internal inspections
- Participate in AQP meetings representing quality, where appropriate
- Provide engineering team with information and analysis tools as needed
- Facilitate communication between engineering function, manufacturing, and quality
- Responsible for being a communication liaison between the customer and manufacturing facility
- Actively participate in continual improvement/innovation, corrective action and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Support Additional Facility Specific Key Responsibilities to Design Development, Manufacturing, and Phillips Medical
- Where applicable, individual is pre-planning safety into work activities to improve performance
- Proactively identifies safety concerns
- Complies with Environmental Management System Program SOP’s/WI, Policy & Program elements and encourages responsible use of resources
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline OR 4+ years of equivalent quality/regulatory experience
- A minimum of 3+ years quality/regulatory experience within a medical device environment
- A minimum of 3+ years design engineering quality experience
- Team-centric design experience
- Willing and able to participate in extended travel to other facilities as required to support business needs
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf