We are currently seeking an experienced E & I Technician for our Clarendon SC OSB manufacturing facility. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintaining manufacturing equipment/processes and refine multiple skills.
Our Clarendon facility in Alcolu, SC is one of Georgia-Pacific’s newest facilities using some of the most advanced technology to create the specialty brand of Blue Ribbon Oriented Strand Board (OSB). This type of OSB is used for floor, wall, and roof sheathing in residential and light commercial construction applications. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s OSB Division please visit: www.buildgp.com/plywood-osb
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Program, Troubleshoot and maintain Allen Bradley PLC and Control Logix.
- Read Assembly drawings, schematics, and equipment layouts.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electronic circuits.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and replace control devices.
- Understands and uses data to improve productivity.
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Assist crew members and work in a teams environment.
- Help meet or excel production waste and quality goals.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED required.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Electrical Controls and PLC troubleshooting.
- Must have experience reading technical drawings and schematics.
- Must be willing to work in rotating shift, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment.
- Willing and able to wear personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to 12 hours a day.
- Two year technical degree preferred.
- Understands and demonstrates proper use of electrical precision measurements tools.
- Demonstrates effective and logical troubleshooting skills.
- Possesses a working knowledge of OSHA safety requirements.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf