Georgia-Pacific Chemicals in Taylorsville, MS and Atlanta, GA are currently seeking a talented Process Engineer to join our team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Process Engineering - support for the early development of project ideas and scope development in a chemical plant environment for capital and non-capital improvements. Provide documentation of process design criteria. Develop process flow diagrams, material and energy balances, piping and instrument diagrams, functional specifications for process controls, and major equipment specifications.
- Using critical & economic thinking, the challenge process, and team collaboration to resolve issues and drive innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence.
- Provide leadership in the operation of a new technology where chemical engineering knowledge is crucial for establishing safe and reliable operations. Provide training to the operating and maintenance staff. This leadership will require travel to the plant that is installing the technology.
- Furnish startup support at the plant site for major projects until the operating plant can safely operate the new units. Also, act as the technical lead during startup.
- Using organization and planning skills to execute tasks in a timely, purposeful, and orderly fashion.
- Using critical thinking, processes, and collaboration to troubleshoot equipment and machinery.
- Use engineering skills to evaluate the application of a new technology to different types of manufacturing plants. Assist in the transfer of the technology to the user plant.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Process Engineering in a chemical plant environment.
- Willing and able to travel up to an average of 35%.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in chemical engineering
- Chemical engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf