Do you enjoy troubleshooting, repairing, and completing preventative maintenance on machinery? Have you worked in an industrial or manufacturing environment? If so, Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for an Electrical Technician at our packaging facility in San Leandro, CA.
Starting pay at over $40/hour!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repair and maintain all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Performing assigned tasks that entail lifting, walking, bending, squatting, standing, pushing and/or pulling and working in high and/or confined spaces for a minimum of 8 hours per day
The Experience You Will Bring
Candidates must have 1 of the following:
- 4+ years’ maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment and 1 year of troubleshooting PLCS (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- 75% completion of an electrical maintenance related Associate degree with PLC classes already taken
- Experience working with 480-volt motors
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience programming PLCs
- Experience with a manual lathe and milling machine
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- High School Diploma or GED
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf