Estate Planning Attorney
Koch Industries is seeking an Estate Planning Attorney! Located at Koch's corporate offices in Wichita, KS, this is a great opportunity to be part of Koch's dynamic legal team.
What will do in your role:
- Provide technical analysis and prepare explanatory memoranda for various estate, gift, and generation skipping planning issues
- Review legal documentation for accuracy and conformity to planning objectives.
- Analyze existing and proposed estate and gift tax planning to determine risks and benefits and recommend alternatives
- Assist in the drafting of legal documents necessary for the execution of planning transactions
The experience you will bring:
- JD from an accredited law school
- Active member of a state bar in good standing
- 5 + years of substantive experience with complex estate, gift and generation skipping tax planning.
- Ability to travel domestically
- Able to work in a collaborative environment, helping colleagues be successful
- Exemplifies humility and is able to learn from co-workers from all levels
- Be adaptable to change and a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and follow project plans with precision and within deadlines
- Ability to identify issues and work with proper authorities to reconcile and solve problems
- Recent estate, gift, and generation skipping tax planning experience.
- Experience with philanthropic and charitable planning.
- LLM in tax
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent judgment
- Strong work ethic
- Highest personal and professional integrity and ethical standards
- Experience and ability to work as a team member as well as a team leader
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf