This job posting is no longer active.
Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific has opened a new state-of-the art lumber mill in Warrenton, Georgia. This location receives about 150 log trucks a day and produces approximately 230 million board-feet of lumber a year with plans to expand beyond that in the future! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced plant. We are recruiting for an Electrical Technician. This highly skilled position will support our operations efficiency through troubleshooting and maintaining manufacturing equipment and processes. In our environment employees, can thrive and they are encouraged to create the greatest value for themselves, the organization, our customers, and society.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Installing, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment in compliance with plant codes, policies, and procedures
- Repairing and maintaining plant machinery in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer specifications
- Responding to maintenance issues, both mechanical and electrical
- Programming, troubleshooting, and making adjustments in the PLC
- Reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical schematics to troubleshoot and install equipment
- Participate in developing a quality maintenance program that reduces waste and maximizes efficiency
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Working as a team with Supervisors, Maintenance team members, and Operations to plan, procure, and document activities for the enhancement of electrical and instrumentation maintenance within the facility
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with other technicians on maintenance and troubleshooting of PLCs, instrumentation, and controls
- Effectively communicating work performed and equipment statuses via written and verbal communication
The Experience You Will Bring
- One of the following: Associates degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Systems, Instrumentation, or Electronic Technology AND at least two (2) years of electrical/electronic and/or instrument & control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment OR A minimum of four (4) years of electrical/electronic or instrument & control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with industrial controls PLCs, motor controls, control valves, and electrical distribution
- Experience with industrial instrumentation for flow, pressure, and temperature
- Experience reading and following electrical and mechanical schematics / blueprints
- Experience making reliability/maintenance decisions to meet customer needs
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing plant environment that would include extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends and holidays when required
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Experience in repairing, troubleshooting, and programming PLCs, HMIs, and operator interfaces
- Experience in diagnosing, repairing, or replacing drives including but not limited to Allen Bradley, Toshiba, Eurotherm, Yasakawa, Reliance, and GE
- Mechanical maintenance experience, including fluid handling and conveyor systems, hydraulic systems and accumulators, and valve identification and application and welding
- Experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs
- Experience programming variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- Experience with systems integration including PLC, HMI, instrumentation, networking, communication, and power distribution
- Distributed Control (DC) experience
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Experience with Control Logics 5000 PLC.
- Experience in diagnosing and repairing various electrical and electronic equipment ranging in voltages from 24 VDC to 15 KV
- High School Diploma or GED
Salary and Benefits Commiserate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.