Flint Hills Resources is currently seeking a Material Handler at our ethanol plant in Fairmont, NE. In this role, you will be responsible for operating the grain scales and the computer system, weighing incoming and outgoing truck shipments, grading corn, and recording data accurately.
What you will do in your role
- Timely loading of all ethanol and other products into railcar or truck
- Proper completion of all records related to the products loaded for shipment from the plant site
- Communicate with team members about current plant operations including, but not limited to, any loading or equipment problems
- Identify opportunities for improvement and participate in efforts to improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs
- Maintain cleanliness of plant
- Maintain rolling stock to include loaders, railcar mover, skid steer, fuel loader by checking fluid levels, greasing, lubricating and re-fueling
- Inspect loaders, railcar mover, etc. for defects, cracks, wear, etc. according to the designated schedule issued by maintenance and document the inspection results
- Perform pre- and post-loading inspection results
- Submit work requests when appropriate
- Communicate with maintenance department and other team members to coordinate maintenance and repair work
This role is subject to pre-employment physical abilities.
The experience you will bring
- Valid and current government issued driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, kneeling, crawling and grasping
- Standing for extended periods of time, walking up to one (1) mile per day, and data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour
- Ability to lift and carry up to 41 pounds; Ability to push and pull up to 90 lbs; Ability to pull 65 pounds (vertically)
- Capable of using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments both mechanical and electrical
- Ability to work in confined spaces and climb/ ascend several flights of stairs and ladders
- Hearing, seeing (acuity - near far and depth)
- Exposure to environmental conditions (frequently walking in and outdoors) with exposure to extreme cold and warm temperatures from -20 to +100 degrees
- Must be willing to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (Hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
- Prior experience with loaders
- Knowledge of environmental rules and regulations and DOT guidelines
- High School Diploma or GED
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf