Lead Engineer-Optical Amplifier Development
The Lead Engineer - Optical Amplifier Development will spearhead optical amplifier product development as well as customer interface and internal project management.
What you will do in your role.
- Optical design of EDFA, Raman, etc. optical amplification modules and integrated OA or ROADM subsystems for telecom and DCI applications
- Lead a development team covering hardware, mechanical, firmware and testing, with global resources for full completion of product development and NPI cycle as well as flawless production launching of offshore manufacturing
- Work with marketing team and PLM on Optical Amplifier product RFP/RFQ response, specification negotiation, and customer technical support
- Manage various aspects of project: budget and scheduling, product configuration management, schedule tracking and milestone status reporting
The experience you will bring.
- 5+ years’ experience of EDFA and optical amplifier design and proven track records of product development in telecommunications
- 2+ years’ leadership experience
- Expertise in optical amplifier design and modelling, its numerical simulation and optimization, and good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in optical DWDM transmission system design and modelling, link budgeting and system performance trade off
- Knowledge and experience on optical components such as pump lasers, GFF, optical isolator, Er fiber, OCM, WSS, etc. that will be used to build optical amplifier and ROADM products
- Experience in component vendor interaction, piece part specification, and performance characterization
- Experience on EDFA testing engineering, process development, quality tools (FMEA, DOE, etc.) and Telcordia qualification
- Experience and knowledge on design for manufacturability/reliability (DFx), yield/cost analysis,
- Experience and knowledge of product development lifecycle management, project management and risk management
- Able to travel (domestic and international)
- Master’s degree in Optics, Physics, EE or related engineering discipline