System Architect –Web and Mobile Applications
The pharmaceutical and medical device industry has very high expectations to Connected Health in the future, and we see a growing demand e.g. a drug delivery device, with connected Web an Mobile application interfaces, with the ability to share, analyze and act upon patient data and behaviors to deliver a better and more efficient therapy to the patient for their health. One of the driving forces behind this is that lack of patient compliance and adherence to prescribed medication is a big contributor to non-efficiencies in therapies. Approximately half of all prescribed medication is not taken across almost all therapies, resulting in nonoptimal therapies, additional hospitalizations, higher costs for the health system. Today we have such products on the market, but we have and will continue to invest in backend and frontend platforms to scale this even further. Our clients are typically the pharmaceutical industry and every solution we are making is customized to the disease type, the drug/device requirements, and the clients as well as growing and changing market needs.
We are looking for a candidate who wants to be part of our journey to become a leading player in this field. You may be what we are looking for in Phillips-Medisize’s Global Innovation & Development Center located in Virum or Struer.
We are finding our offer to the market on our backend platforms build on top of a leading platform managing health data (InterSystems platform). We have a frontend group with UX experts who together with our clients define the needs and the functionality of the solutions. We have our growing software team based in our Molex shared services hub in Bangalore India as well as outsourced software partners. We have a team in our Danish offices running the projects from concept freeze until maintaining the products on the market, securing that they are compliant to platforms, regulations, organizational, and commercial arrangements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
You will be working with different teams inside and outside of the company.
- The frontend team defines the concept for a client-specific solution and the development effort will be based on this work.
- You will be working together with Project Management, Quality Assurance, and other team members to assure that the technical solutions we are proposing and developing for our clients, can be met with our platforms (application and backend) and if extensions to the platform are required that these are specified and taken into account.
- You will also work closely with our outsourced software partners as well as our internal teams assuring that the architecture of the solutions is well thought through and fit into our platform plans.
- You will also work closely securing that APIs for the backend platform is used and fits the needs for Web and Mobile application development and if updates are needed, these are updated and handed over to the backend team.
- You will together with our Frontend team, as well as our software teams, to design and update our Web and Mobile application platform to deliver cost-effective development solutions that are compliant to regulations, have cybersecurity designed into the solution and is reusable across multiple client projects also taking cost-effective maintenance into account.
- We are looking for someone who will thrive on working with several stakeholders at the same time and can take on a high workload
- We are looking for a responsible and talented System Architect that thrives as being part of a high-performance team. In this role, you’ll become part of a group of talented professionals who drive innovation, embrace change, and celebrate success.
- We expect you to be passionate about building products for the medical industry. You should also be comfortable working in a regulated environment. You will be working with several stakeholders hence the capability to multitask and high bandwidth is expected.
- You will work alongside a team of problem solvers helping them to apply creative, secure, and high-quality solutions for our Connected Health Platform.
- Ensuring that the Connected Health Platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured plan and implementation process ensure timely and high-quality deliveries to our customers.
- Your main responsibility is developing and maintaining our backend. Furthermore, you will have full responsibility for the overall architecture, our proprietary API, and Web and Mobile applications.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in working with backends/cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, etc
- Skilled in managing and specifying cloud infrastructure
- Experienced with Infrastructure as code e.g. using AWS CloudFormation
- Proven experience in architectural modeling
- Deeply understand Agile practices and processes such as Scrum, XP, etc
- Understands and values good coding practices such as DRY, SOLID, etc
- Understand the benefit of using CI/CD tools
- Expected to understand the importance of cybersecurity and data protection
- Data mining, data analytics, and the data value string
- Representation of data
- Familiar with terms such as Right-sizing, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, right placement, elastic architecture, horizontal scalability, infrastructure, high availability, load balancing, etc
- Proven work experience with front-end development (Web and Mobile) and able to demonstrate a portfolio of released applications on the App Store, Android Market, and Web application
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift (Objective-C), Java, Angular JS, C++, etc
- Experienced in medical device development
- You have a proven track record of 5+ years.
- Preferably, you have experience with Medical Devices and Medical Device Data Systems implementing various health protocols.
- Focus on details is expected
- Proficient English skills – spoken as well as written
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Good social skills
- Able to build solid relations towards business partners
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- Value and understand commercial as well as business aspects
- Experienced with both contracts and agreements
- Must be able to travel
- Occasional travel to USA, EU and Far East approximately 30 – 50 days per year
- As a part of the geographically distributed team off-hours, conference calls are common
- Medical device development
- App development
- Cloud computing
- Development oversight
- Documentation with regulatory compliance
- Medical device development
- You will have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field experience, specifying, and managing cloud infrastructure.