Manager of Analysis Capital Investments
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Manager of Finance to support our Corrugated Division in Atlanta, GA, In this role you will be a key contributor of the Corrugated Packaging Financial Planning & Analysis Team. You will create value by providing actionable analysis and insights, cost analysis, market data, and other valuation metrics to evaluate and support large capital investments and other strategic opportunities. If you are a highly motivated analytical and economic thinker looking to make your next move - check us out!
The Corrugated Packaging Financial Planning & Analysis Team provides support to multiple operating locations across the US from our corporate HQ in Atlanta, GA. Our finance teams are comprised of a diverse group of individuals that have a passion for analytics, financial business partnering, and lifelong learning. Each team member has a strong contribution and transformation mindset, strong technical and critical thinking skills, and is a confident communicator adept at business partnering.
As a Finance Manager you will report to the Senior Manager of Analysis. Our Corrugated team is located at GP HQ in downtown Atlanta, GA. We offer a schedule of remote work and a few in-office days per week. If our hybrid model aligns with your career expectations and capability to commute – we want to hear from you!
Georgia-Pacific Packaging & Cellulose is a global leader in the packaging business. We manufacture standard corrugated containers as well as many specialty-packaging products, for many industries. Specifically, our packaging products fall under three main categories: Corrugated, Mailers, Coatings. Overall, Georgia-Pacific Packaging & Cellulose is focused on understanding customer needs to provide fiber-based solutions that perform. We offer a full range of product options from high-end graphic packaging to cellulose fluff pulp to bulk bins.
What You Will Do
- Develop and maintain relationships with business leaders and enable sound economic decision-making
- Frame up investment opportunities and shepherd the decision-making process and present large capital investment requests to senior leadership and investors
- Apply critical thinking to problems and identify alternative solutions, develop a point of view and suggest paths forward
- Develop and maintain scorecards highlighting the performance on large capital ventures
- Review and challenge capital forecasts
- Identify largest value opportunities and ensure they are prioritized by leadership team
- Provide ad-hoc support for other strategic opportunities and leadership requests
- Coach others on economic thinking, complex financial concepts, and valuation methods
- Advance the Principles-Based Management® (PBM®) culture by applying and reinforcing the company’s Guiding Principles
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Progressive career experience in financial analysis, strategic planning, business development, business decision support, or related roles
- Experience applying strong analytical and problem‐solving capabilities; including originating ideas, collecting data, establishing facts, performing analysis, drawing conclusions, and presenting a point of view to key stakeholders and business leaders
- Ability to perform discounted cash flow modeling, NPV, IRR, ROI and other valuation metrics
- Experience presenting complex financial concepts to various audiences including leadership, and you engage effectively with your stakeholders in multiple formats - you are comfortable being seen and heard
- Advanced PowerPoint skills (creating large decks, embedding/linking data and media, creating templates, graphic designs and crisp formatting)
- Advanced Excel skills (financial modeling, connecting to external data sources, charts/graphs, heatmapping, pivots)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Manufacturing industry and/or Corrugated experience
- Investment banking, consulting, or equity research experience
- Advanced proficiency with data analysis/visualization tools beyond Microsoft Excel
- Leadership experience (i.e. developing the capabilities of a team, leading transformation, being a driver of company initiatives)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related field
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Hiring Philosophy All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day –to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our Benefits Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunities Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf