Power Systems Integration Engineer
Sentient Energy, a Koch subsidiary company, is seeking a talented Power Systems Integration Engineer to join their team in Frisco, TX. As a member of the Professional Services team, you will work alongside a cross-functional group to integrate and apply the latest green-energy technologies in the rapidly growing SMART Grid (distribution power system) sector. With this role, you have a chance to make a significant impact on the energy industry and take your career to new heights. Join Sentient Energy and be part of a dynamic team that is shaping the future of the power systems landscape.
The Professional Services team specializes in providing power system engineering services to utilities customers, which includes deployment, SCADA integration, simulation, modeling, data analytics, and fleet management. Our team places a high priority on delivering high-quality services and requires team members with strong technical skills and expertise.
What You Will Do
- Lead cross-functional teams in integrating Sentient Energy products and solutions with power/utility company SCADA/DMS/ADMS/EMS systems, including architecture design, testing, validation, and troubleshooting
- Provide technical support to electric utilities and helps them achieve their goals through the efficient use of Sentient Energy products and technologies
- Create engaging training materials and deliver customer training sessions
- Develop automation scripts, testing, deployment, and documentation using python/bash
- Provide consulting support to product marketing and engineering teams, including product design, PRD development and review, system/solution validation, and product documentation (internal and customer-facing)
- Configure, analyze, and troubleshoot SCADA protocol applications (DNP3/68070, etc.)
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Experience in Power utility distribution automation and operations
- Experience working with Power utility DMS/ADMS/EMS/field operations or SCADA systems and protocols
- Familiarity with network protocol configuration and troubleshooting
- Understanding of embedded systems
- Experience in customer support
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with a focus in Power Systems engineering
- Experience working in the Utility Industry
- Experience using UNIX administration and operation systems
- Experience in network and systems architecture design and documentation
- TCP/DNP3 protocol analysis at a packet/transaction level
- Proficiency in basic programming/scripting languages (python/bash)
- Experience deploying solutions and operating in NERC CIP and high-security environments
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) specializes in process and pollution control equipment and digital technologies to help industries reduce emissions, save energy and get the most from their resources. From pollution control to advanced filtration, we’re focused on providing customers with products and solutions to help them optimize, transform and succeed. Industries we serve include refineries, chemicals, municipalities, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, food and dairy, utilities and automotive.
As a Koch Engineered Solutions company, Sentient Energy provides innovative line sensing, data analytics, optimization and control technologies for the distribution grid. Our grid edge software solutions help electric utilities make data-driven decisions to enhance the delivery of safe, reliable and efficient power.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf