Learning & Development Area Lead
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Learning and Development Area Lead to support our team Brewton, AL. The Learning and Development Area Lead will design, develop, and implement training for various mill department and areas as well as perform analyses to support a systematic approach to the training process (SAT). This position will work closely with the areas to develop and maintain a task list and partner with the various departments to ensure that training is utilized to help the mill achieve its vision.
The Brewton facility is an integrated pulp/paper mill that produces products for two different business segments. Our culture is defined by the Principle Based Management™ (PBM) philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create while helping others to succeed.
What You Will Do
- Work with and through people to design, develop, implement, and maintain training materials that supports the vision of the mill
- Execute classroom instruction as well as field training for mill workforce
- Conduct training needs, job, and task analyses as well as performance analyses when required
- Conduct training reviews, research, and assessments as requested by supervision
- Prioritize work and support others to ensure deadlines and predetermined schedules are met
- Partner with Engineering and Departments to build training for new capital projects, process changes, etc.
- Perform other job-related duties to advance the Brewton Mill vision
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in building learning materials to support knowledge transfer and/or performance
- Experience in training program documentation and records management
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in implementing a task-based training program
- Experience with writing and executing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Experience in implementing ADDIE and systematic approach to training (SAT)
- Experience in reading technical drawings/schematics
- Operations or Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day –to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf