Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for our lumber mill in Rome, GA. The Maintenance Supervisor will assist in leading the green end maintenance team. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven individual with a passion for excellence in safety, manufacturing, and customer focus. You will drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability. You will also work to proactively identify hazards and implement appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risks involved while monitoring the quality of work and providing guidance to the team. This role will provide critical input to the management team and influence others, positively impacting the organization.
What You Will Do
Lead a Lumber mill maintenance team to safely work in an SIF-free (Severe Injuries or Fatalities), continuous manufacturing environment consistent with MBM® Philosophy while meeting Facility Goals and Vision.
- Supervise/coordinate maintenance efforts that drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting EHS, compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs.
- Support the production processes to align and optimize the manufacturing enterprise in delivering value to the business.
- Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable.
- Drive safety excellence and compliance through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risk involved.
- Monitor the quality of craft work and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency.
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues.
- Provide safety training to crew members; coaching; team development/performance management.
- Data entry and completing/generating reports.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
Five (5) or more years of Maintenance Millwright or Maintenance Supervisor experience in a heavy industrial setting or military environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Word and Excel, and other PC-based production and maintenance reporting applications.
- Experience reading mechanical, structural, and electrical drawings.
- Working knowledge and experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned, or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely and promote and enforce safe work practices.
- Working in high and low temperatures, outside, and indoors
What Will Put You Ahead
Associate degree or higher in related technical field.
- Previous experience in a wood products manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Supervisor.
- Experience routinely utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or other similar problem-solving tools.
- Experience in leading improvement efforts in Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance.
For this role, we anticipate paying $80,000 - $100,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day –to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf