This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific’s Corrugated division is searching for an Operations Manager for our corrugating facility located in Sheboygan, WI. This position will be responsible for managing a team of employees (salaried and hourly) in a union environment. This leader will have a general understanding of corrugated manufacturing and will be accountable for the safety/quality/efficiencies of the production results that are impacted by their team’s performance and capability.
This position is an opportunity to be part of a stable, transforming organization that offers a tremendous amount of growth potential. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of facility Operations. This position provides leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of our Principle Based Management (PBM®) Philosophy.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers providing cost-effective corrugated solutions for virtually any product.
What You Will Do
- Lead the department to achieve a safety and environmental incident free workplace identifying critical hazards and mitigating the risk based on criticality
- Manage and direct the work processes for complex operations including multiple production machines and supporting equipment
- Provide leadership consistent with our Principle Based Management® guiding principles to facilitate the development of the knowledge and skills of self, salaried, and hourly employees to improve operational performance of the department and facility Understand, communicate, and align goals in the area of safety, quality, production, and reliability
- Continuously evaluate and identify constraints to eliminate quality and production bottlenecks and lead plans to improve current capability and reduce waste to improve our relative competitive position
- Optimize and coordinate planning for scheduled shutdowns, operator training, and maintenance and capital projects
- Provide daily support and technical expertise to area operators and maintenance personnel
- Work closely with stake holders to apply reliability principles and prioritize resources and process optimization
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Experience with manufacturing equipment operation, and effective interface with maintenance
- Leadership experience with responsibility for direct reports within a manufacturing or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5 or more years of leadership experience within the corrugated industry
- Experience with process optimization analysis and implementation
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company and a leading manufacturer of bath tissue, paper towels, paper-based packaging, cellulose, specialty fibers, building products and much more, Georgia-Pacific works to meet evolving needs of customers worldwide with quality products. In addition to the products we make, we operate one of the largest recycling businesses. Our more than 30,000 employees in over 150 locations are empowered to innovate every day –to make everyday products even better.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.